Author Marketing – Chuck Waldron, Manager of Marketing
Marketing is a big word. If you are a business, you know you can’t survive long without it.
Writing is a business, too. If you don’t actively seek out, engage and grow your audience (market), no one will ever know you even exist as an author. For many new authors, the thought of marketing is intimidating. Even many long-standing authors don’t like this aspect of the business, but they know it’s unavoidable. Author marketing is a necessity in the increasingly competitive world of publishing and self-publishing.
Publishing houses know this too. If you manage to land a contract with a publishing house, do not expect them to do the marketing for you! They will tell you what to do, tell you where you have to be and what you have to do. And if they don’t? Well, then they are doing nothing to help you market your book, and your sales won’t help you become independent in your writing career.
Authors are special and they need a unique mix of targeted marketing techniques to help them sell their books. That’s why we have created our specialized author marketing services designed to cater to the unique needs of authors and deliver results in the form of increased book sales.
CanAm Author Services exists specifically to give writers the marketing help they need to:
- Reduce the pain of getting into print
- Promote their book and reputation as a author
- Earn what they are worth and maximize profit from sales
- Learn and implement the best marketing techniques and tools, adapted to fit the unique needs of authors and increase book sales
What we offer:
Basic Author Marketing Package:
- Marketing Plan and Schedule
- Media Research Consultation
- Bio – short and long
- Synopsis – short and long
- Sell page
- Pre- and Post-publication Press Release
- Blog set-up advice and plan
- Social Media advice and plan
We will soon offer expanded packages for authors who really want to get the most mileage out of marketing their book. If you have any specific inquiries about expanded marketing capabilities, just ask! We would be happy to put together a customized package that fits any author or marketing skill set.
Read our Terms & Conditions - seriously.